Access In Action - Middleburg Community Center
Overview of Transaction:
- Established back in 1948 as a true community center, but uniquely set up as a 501(c)(3) – the Middleburg Community Center (MCC) is supported by the community for the community.
- The MCC receives no financial support from taxpayer’s dollars. It is financially self-sufficient, relying entirely on donations and rental income from the use of the center.
- When a generous donor provided an unprecedentedly large gift, the MCC sought a financial partner who understood not only the complexities of nonprofits but also one with robust wealth services capabilities to maximize investment earnings.
Significance of Transaction:
- Access National Bank and its Middleburg Bank division were able to provide a variety of services specifically designed for nonprofits, including commercial checking and money market accounts, Online Banking and ACH services.
- The Middleburg Trust Company has been able to grow the MCC's assets over the years considerably.
- Due to the strong financial oversight of the Center's assets by the Middleburg Trust Company, the MCC's board recently entrusted the Middleburg Trust Company with the management of a substantial beneficiary trust, formerly held with a megabank that considered the account too small.