Secure Email Instructions:
We understand that Email is a convenient method of communicating; however, unfortunately it is not secure. Before reaching the intended recipient, Email travels across a variety of public servers and can be intercepted at any point, by a wrongdoer. Email encryption is the only way to safely send confidential or private information securely. With more and more business being conducted through Email, Access National Bank has provided you a secure Email system to ensure your confidential information transmits securely. Secure Email is a channel for exchanging confidential information via the Internet. Access National Bank Secure Email is a two-way encrypted solution that does not require specialized software or a complicated process.
All you need to establish an Access National Bank or Middleburg Bank Secure Email account is:
- Internet Connection
- Web Browser That Supports 128-Bit SSL Encryption.
How Does Our Secure Email Work?
- When we send you a secure email message, the message is sent to a secure data portal where it will be held for you to retrieve.
- A notification message is sent to your email inbox to inform you that a Secure Email message from the Bank is waiting to be retrieved. The notification message will contain a link to the secure website.
- Our Secure Email can be accessed through the “Secure Email” link under "Client Resources" at the bottom of the Access National Bank website. Additionally, you can Click Here and follow the prompts to create an account that allows you to log into the secure website to retrieve your message.
How Do I Create an Account?
The first time you use the Bank's Secure Email, you will be prompted to create an account.
- Simply click on the orange “Send Email” button above. At the Welcome page prompt, click the “Register” button under “New to secure email?” Enter a valid email address and password to establish your account, following the Password Rule requirements listed.
- An email message regarding your enrollment will be sent to the email address you entered.
- You will need to click the link in this email to complete the account set-up process and begin using your Access National Bank Secure Email account. You will use your password each time you log into the Access National Bank Secure Email portal.
How Do I Retrieve a Secure Email?
- When the Bank sends you a secure email message, you will receive a notification message to the email address you provided when enrolling.
- Simply click the link contained in the notification message and you will be directed to the login screen for the Bank's Secure Email.
- Enter your email address and password that you established when your account was created. Once logged in, you can read your Access National Bank Secure Email, download it to your computer, or send a secure reply message back to us.
How Do I Send a Secure Email?
- In order to send us a secured email message click on the orange “Send Email” button at the top of this page, or Click Here.
- You will be taken to our Secure Email portal and prompted to enter your email address and password, which you established when creating your account. If you do not already have a Secure Email account, you will be able to create one from here. Simply click on the“Register” button under “New to secure email?” at the bottom of the page. Once logged in, you can create a new Access National Bank Secure Email message by clicking on the “Compose” tab.