Access National Bank was founded in 1999 in Reston, Virginia, with a strong entrepreneurial spirit and a mission to provide financial solutions to businesses and professionals in Northern Virginia and metro Washington, DC. Our parent company, Access National Corporation, includes not only the commercial bank, but also divisions that specialize in residential mortgage lending and wealth management services, including Access National Mortgage, Access Capital Management and Capital Fiduciary Advisors. Since our inception, Access has established an exceptional record of operating performance and capital strength, being profitable every quarter since our first year of operation, including during The Great Recession when the Bank remained TARP free and well-capitalized.
Middleburg Bank was founded in 1924 in Loudoun County and has served the financial needs of individuals, families and businesses over the course of its rich history. A financial holding company, which became known as Middleburg Financial Company, formed in 1994 and expanded in 1997 with wealth services offered through Middleburg Investment Group and Middleburg Trust Company. Clients benefit from our expertise in comprehensive portfolio management, trust administration and estate settlement services.
As announced on April 3, 2017, Access National Corporation completed its merger with Middleburg Financial, creating Virginia’s premier bank with enhanced scale, improved efficiency and a well-diversified business model. Access National’s expertise in business banking, commercial and industrial (C&I) lending and mortgage origination complements Middleburg’s core strengths of serving the depository, custom credit and wealth management needs of individuals and families.
The merger of Access National Bank and its Middleburg Bank division creates a company with:
- $3 billion in assets
- $2 billion in loans
- $2 billion in deposits
- $1.9 billion in trust and investment assets under management
- Residential mortgage loan originations of over $500 million annually
- Over 440 employees
- 15 branch locations
- Capital ratios far exceeding minimum regulatory standards for well-capitalized institutions
Access National has the scale to provide the sophistication of services offered by the mega banks, with the personal attention only a local community bank can offer. Teams of specialists cater to the unique needs of several industry sectors serving not only as skilled bankers, but also as trusted advisors. Private banking and wealth services clients benefit from the same relationship-driven approach and expertise.
You can expect:
- Access to decision makers, to capital, and to sophisticated financial services
- Client-focused bankers who understand your industry and your financial needs
- Deep understanding of your community because, like you, we live and work here
- Tenured and stable relationship manager and support team
- A bank that is responsive to your needs and provides quick turnaround
- On-target financial solutions tailored for you
- Peace of mind from our financial strength
- Rated superior (the highest possible rating) from IDC Financial Publishing
- Ranked number one in Virginia and Metro DC by American Banker Magazine for Best 3-Year Return on Average Equity
- Ranked in list of 100 top performing banks nationally ($1 - $10 billion in assets) by S&P Global Market Intelligence
OUR MILESTONES —
RECORD OF CONSISTENCY & STABILITY