We understand the importance of expediting wire transfers and streamlining the process. Our goal is to process a wire within one hour of receiving the request. Once a wire has been processed by us, the other bank must process the incoming wire. The whole procedure generally lasts two to three hours, and greatly depends on the beneficiary bank.
Foreign wires can take between two to five business days and may be passed through three or more banks to reach their destination.
Wire transfers processed online through Business AccessConnect® are processed quicker, cost less and are more secure when transmitted to the bank. More importantly, there are fewer points of input for a wire made online, resulting in a smaller chance of error in processing.
For Foreign Wires — The initiator understands and agrees that the Bank will make every effort to expedite the transfer of funds. Delays may arise in delivery to beneficiary (recipient of funds) through no control of the Bank.
Incoming Domestic Wire Transfer Instructions
The following information is needed to send funds to us:
- First and Last Name (if business - Business Name) of bank account holder (Beneficiary)
- Account Number to be credited
- Full Address of Beneficiary of Funds
- Purpose of Wire
- Banking Center cut-off time is 3:00 p.m. EST for international wires & 4:00 p.m. for domestic wires
- AccessConnect cut-off time is 4:00 p.m. EST for international wires & 5:00 p.m. for domestic wires
- ANB's routing number: 056009039
- ANB's Address: 1800 Robert Fulton Drive, Reston, VA 20191
Note: The beneficiary name must match the name on the account, otherwise funds may be sent back to the originator. The Bank can also process wires in many foreign currencies.
Please call the Operations Department at 703-871-7380 for Incoming Foreign Wire Transfer Instructions & Outgoing Wire Transfer Instructions (international & domestic)
- All outgoing wire transfers are confirmed by phone before funds are sent. Initiator is responsible for verifying the completeness and accuracy of the information recorded on the wire transfer request.
- ANB is not responsible for errors in the transfer of funds due to the customer providing incomplete, inaccurate or fraudulent information on the wire transfer request form.